To delete a deceased person’s YouTube, the surviving relatives must submit a request to YouTube. If the request is approved, they will have access to the account and be able to remove it themselves. The following information is required:
• The username and email address of the YouTube account.
• The deceased user’s death certificate.
• A copy of the requestor’s passport and the deceased person’s passport.
• A notarial certificate showing that the requestor has been appointed as authorised person. The certificate must include the full name, contact information, email address and the relationship to the deceased person.
• The request must specifically mention that this concerns a request for the deceased user’s account to be deleted.
This information must be sent in English by mail or fax to:YouTube, LLC
901 Cherry Ave.
San Bruno, CA 94066
Fax: +1 650-253-0001