The surviving relatives must notify the Instagram help centre to have the account of a deceased Instagram user deleted. This is done by completing the online form 'Report a Deceased Person’s Account on Instagram'
. The following information is required:
• The requestor’s relationship to the deceased user.
• The requestor’s Instagram username (if applicable).
• The requestor’s email address.
• The deceased user’s full name.
• The deceased user’s Instagram username.
• The web address (URL) to the Instagram account of the deceased user.
• A copy of the death certificate.